Wednesday, April 29, 2009

How do I make a rose out of fruits or vegebtables?

I saw on many cooking sites a rose made out of fruits or vegetables. I would love to do it myself. How do I make them?

How do I make a rose out of fruits or vegebtables?
I agree with you, I would love to be able to do creative garnishing like what you see on cruise ships or food network.


There are tools you can get for garnishing, a lot of souse chefs are required to have them as part of their knife cases. But most you can make with a good pairing knife. Although it would take to long, (and problably not make much sense) for me to try and explain how to do it, I have attached a website that does show you how to make a tomato rose as well as a radish mouse and others. You can also google Creative Garnishing and see what that gets you, I know there are some online video's that would also help show you. Good Luck, and hope this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment